Saturday, October 12, 2013

This is how I Lost the weight....

Joseph Valo III In the beginning I weighed 240 pounds. I never used to be at that weight. I was always around 200 pounds plus or minus a few pounds.  When I started my journey with the weight loss it was hard. I got really sore for the first 2 weeks because of my choices that I had made. but I pushed through it. And now I'm glad that I did. I remember in the past few years after fire calls where I would be going all out the next day I'd be so sore to the point where I was not able to move... 

This was due to not taking care of myself ie.. working out on a regular basis, eating properly and drinking too much beer.  The key to a good diet is eating healthy, all your major food groups in the right portions.  Good nutrition is the key to almost any diet. Second thing is if your a vegetarian  you need twice the protein if you need to bulk up. The third one is sticking to it and keeping the focus on the big picture.  If ya fail which some people do, just go back through and see what threw ya off and try again.

This is how I lost 60 pounds....

Hard work- Nothing in life comes easy.

I did a life style change.
I changed the amount of food I ate, what I ate, when I ate.
I stopped drinking alcohol, Pop, and started drinking water... LOTS OF WATER!!!
Quit smoking..
And became a vegetarian too..

For men who are over 30 yrs of age need to take a test booster also. It helps to speed up the metabolism and boosts over all energy and a bunch of other things too.

REMEMBER: that staying active will be productive in your weight loss journey..


Also consult your doctor before doing any type of exercises....  Doing that, you will be able to get a better Idea on where to start at.

This is what it did as far as exercising...

I walked everywhere I went. Did lots of cardio as well as lifting weights..  I did high reps with low weight..  I cut my food Portions down and ate 2 to 3 more times a day. , Why you ask... You body has a survival mode.. if you eat 1 or 2 large meals a day, your brain and body will interpret that it is not getting as much fuel to properly work. 

Hence fourth your body will store it for later on. Which results in a slow metabolism. Now... if you eat 3 to 5 smaller meals spaced out evenly through the day, your brain and body will think that it's OK to use the fuel to sustain the body.. which will result in a higher metabolism.

In a few days I will go over what supplements I used and the weight lifting routine i used...


REMEMBER:  Through HARD WORK, Keeping FOCUSED, and setting GOALS you can achieve anything!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Changing your lifestyle from a heavy meat eater to a vegetarian takes a lot of conviction and perserverance. You are truly a force to be reckoned with, Joe. I commend you and am very proud that you have stuck with being a vegetarian. Please continue to embrace the changes you have made and please don't let go of this change.

    ReplyDelete